Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beginning the training






Blondie and Blackie are very sweet, young dogs. They still have a lot of maturing to do. They are doing very well with their training and are very responsive to the training collar. On the first day of training, within a matter of a few minutes I had them following me around the yard close to the heel position. Now after about a week of training, they are doing very well with heeling and staying close when not in a heel. They have learned to sit, heel, place, down, stay, and come. We are working on consistency with them right now. They biggest challenge for them is when they are together. They have such a strong bond with one another, that sometimes my commands are ignored because of their desire to be next to the other one. I have found that Blondie is the worst with this. As you have already told me, he is the more submissive of the two and wants to follow his leader, Blackie, where ever he goes. We have had several days of rain and that has inhibited training a little. We have been training inside during this time. I hope that the rest of this week will be great for training and for getting good pictures for you for the blog.